sewing stories

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I've had the last couple days off work, so I've been sewing! This past weekend we went to fabric store and I bought some fall/harvesty fabrics. I'm making a table runner, and I'm almost done quilting it. I'm hoping to have the quilting finished and the binding attached today, but we'll see. After I get this runner complete, I'm going to make a Christmas one. Pictures to follow, promise. I'm really getting into the whole sewing/quilting craft. The reason I haven't done more is that this can be an expensive activity.

When I went to the fabric store on Monday to get my backing and binding fabrics, I got talking to the ladies that work there. They invited me to join the local quilting guild. Now, I know there are probably going to be more older women there than younger, but I could learn a lot from them. I'm thinking about going to at least one of the meeting. I'm pretty sure there is a yearly fee, I'm just not sure how much. And if I join, I get 10% off at the fabric store. :)

I'm the kind of person you can't do two activities at once. So it's a good thing I can't always have a sewing project, because it gives me time to read. I'm currently reading Eat Pray Love. I'm really starting to get into it, but I put it on the back burner while I finish my harvest table runner.

Oh, and still no word on the interview last week. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary