cold toe season

Monday, August 24, 2009

We had a really good weekend with Mike's mom and her boyfriend. We went to Clarksville on Saturday. They have some really cute stores. I went there when my girlfriends came to town, but I'm glad Mike got to go this time. There is a really neat furniture store that I knew he would like and he found some bar stools he would want if we ever get a bar. There also is a glass blowing studio and we watched the glass blower make a vase. It was really neat - I probably could of sat there all day. We then went to a resort that had wine tasting, beer tasting, lunch and afternoon music. I think it was a pretty good time, but I'm not sure if we will ever take other people there. The music group was a joke, in my opinion. It was a 70+ Elvis look-a-like (complete with black wig that didn't match his sideburns) and a woman. The woman had a really nice voice, but the two people just didn't match each other.

After our adventure in Clarksville, we can back to our place and tried to decide what we wanted to do that evening and Sunday. We decided it would be best to go to the fabric store immediately. :) Oh how I love this store! There's a Better Homes and Gardens Quilting Magazine out now with a article on the top 10 fabric stores in the country.... guess what?!? The Hannibal fabric store is one of them. How lucky am I and my guests? Anyway, Mike's mom and I went shopping while the guys sat outside. We did really good; I found fabrics for a harvest and a christmas table runner, Mike's mom found some ice blue wintery fabrics....beautiful!

Sunday, we took them to Lover's Leap and then we took the tour at the Rockcliffe Mansion. We went on a self guided tour of the mansion at Thanksgiving, but have been wanting to go and have a proper tour. I'm glad we went, there's so much information the guide gave us. Just for all of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Rockcliffe Mansion is a 14,000 sq. ft. home built in 1900 by a lumber baron here is Hannibal. Since he had access to the wood and had the money, the house has beautifully carved fireplaces heavy pocket doors and Tiffany lamps. A little fact: This lumber baron lived in our house while the mansion was being built...kind of neat!

All and all, it was a great visit. We even got our anniversary cake, Mike's mom was nice enough to bring is to us. It's crazy to believe we will be eating it in less than a month!

The weather was amazing all weekend and has continued this morning. We slept with our windows open and it was great! I even got to put my cold toes on Mike. I know it's mean, but it feels so good. :)

Well, I'm off to start my day, I'm headed back to the fabric store to get the backing and binding fabric. I told you it was dangerous....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary