sewing blogs...who knew?!

Monday, August 31, 2009

I've found a new obsession...sewing blogs. I had no idea there was such a thing. I guess I'm not really surprised, because there are so many cooking and home decorating blogs. Why not sewing!? This week, I've just been searching and searching these blogs, and you know what the best part is? There are TONS of free patterns and tutorials out there. I love free! I've found some new favorites to add to my google reader and I've even found a pattern for a Christmas gift for someone. {Sorry, that's as much as I'm going to say, I don't want to give away a Christmas surprise!} I'm sure they're going to love it though and I've found the perfect fabric for it. All I have to do is find the fabric at the local store, or I may have to order it online. I've found a couple brands I really like, Moda and Amy Butler.

I finished my harvest table runner! I'm very impressed with myself for doing so in less than a week. There would of been a picture of it here, but Mike took the camera to work today, so I will post a picture of it in the next couple of days. Promise. I know I need to pace myself, so I probably won't start the Christmas table runner for a few weeks.

I think I've decided to go to the quilting guild meeting; the next one is actually tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm sure I'll have a good time. It's just scary thinking of going somewhere where you know no one and going alone. I'm a pretty quiet person when I first meet people; actually, it's really hard for me to start conversations with strangers.

So we'll see how it goes, I hope it goes well....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary