a day off

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I had yesterday off of work, which was really nice. I was able to get a lot done and felt productive all day long. I first went to the fabric store here in town. It's this cute little store downtown that has an amazing fabric selection. I hadn't been there since Thanksgiving. It's so nice to have a second income now and be able to do little extra things. I really like this store, I can see myself going and wandering around a lot. I've just got into sewing and am starting with small, simple projects; so I made my pin cushion. I'm not sure what my next little project will be, but I want to gradually make me way up to making aprons and then one day a quilt.


Front (top) and Back (bottom)


I make a weekly menu before going to the grocery, this week was no different. I am planning on making some Cuban food this week, but of course I couldn't find some key seasonings. I found them online and they are supposed to be here on Thursday. I hope they arrive soon, or I have to go to the grocery again this week. ugh! I'm really excited to try a new flavor and different cooking style. If you keep up with the food blog get ready for some Cuban later this week. :)

I got a call from the library yesterday, and my book is finally in! YAY! So I'm putting The Other Queen on hold (which I never do) and am going to read the heck out of The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig. It's the 5th in The Secret History of the Pink Carnation series. It came out about a month ago, and I've never had to wait that long for a book. Other than the people, checking out books from Borders is what I miss the most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary