fire training

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mike left this afternoon for a week of fire training. The training is down in the boot heel of Missouri, which is about a 5 hour drive from us. Once he gets through this training, he'll beable to go out west and help with the forest fires. I'm not too thrilled with this, but he has assured me he wouldn't be doing anything too dangerous. Plus, he gets a pretty big bonus for helping out west. I do wonder if he will ever be asked to go, and when that happens, it will be scary. He's all for it and actually excited. As soon as he found out about the option to firefight in the forests, he signed up for the training. It's definitely going to be a long week without him, but hopefully I'll get a lot done.

The christmas party went well. I got to meet all of Mike's coworkers, it was nice to finally match the faces to all the stories I've heard. I met one girl I think I hit it off with, she's the wife of a fisheries guy. They left the party early, so we didn't get to talk as much as I would of liked. There's also a younger secretary that seemed really nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary