cosmo from ms. butler

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back in June 2011, I bought a new sewing book. It's Amy Butler's Style Stitches. I've made purses before, but nothing this complex. I wanted to try to make a real durable bag. I started with the cosmo bag in the book. It was just a weekend project for me and took just under 22 hours to make..... and I was in l.o.v.e.

my cosmo bag
inside. with a pop of green.

I took my bag to work that Monday, and the girls said, "nice bag." I said, "thanks, I made it." Their jaws hit the floor. I had only been working there for about a month and never told them about my hobby of sewing. I could tell they were impressed.

So impressed, that three of them wanted me to make them one. The girls chose their fabrics and then I ordered it and went to work. It took be about a month to complete all of them, which I was happy with.

Here is Dana's.

this shows off the side pockets.

i fell in love with this paisley lining.

Candida's purse/


The other Kristi's purse.

Her pop of pink!
I really did have a good time making this bags, but I do have to say, I got a little burnt out of sewing after that. I realized this hobby of mine will remain a hobby. I enjoy it as a craft, but if it was my job, nothing would be completed on time. It's the procrastinator in me. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary