song birds

Monday, May 11, 2009

We've been sleeping with our bedroom windows open, since it's been so nice out. Well, aside from the trains and barges I've addressed earlier, we have so many song birds around our house. Every morning I wake up to them just singing their heads off. I guess it's just their way of telling me to get up and start my day! Mike said something yesterday about them, and we both can't remember living somewhere with this many birds. We aren't sure if it's Missouri or just our luck.

We have a little birdhouse on our front porch, and guess what.....we have a tenant! :) It's this itty-bitty bird, I'm not sure if he's the only one. But late last week I caught him cleaning the house out, one beak full at a time. It was so cute! Then, yesterday morning, I saw him taking tiny sticks in, well attempting. It was just so neat watching this tiny bird work for a purpose. When he dropped a stick, he went down and picked up the same stick, flew to the power line, turned around to get a better angle, and flew back to the house to put the stick in.

I will get a photo of the bird eventually. And I don't know why I call it "he", because it's probably a lady bird.

Obviously, he still has some cleaning up to do....

This is what I woke up to, so he was very busy at work while I was at work yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary