down by the river

Friday, May 8, 2009

We are going to an event downtown tonight called "Down by the River". I think the best way to describe it to everyone back home is a scaled down version of the Taste. It's food, drinks and bands playing. It's going to happen every second Friday of every month this summer (through September). This is the first one this summer, so we don't really know what it's all about yet. One of the really good things is we live within walking distance of the festivities. So we won't have to worry about parking and we both can have a few drinks. I say this because I'm always the one who doesn't drink a drop so Mike can, so I'm excited to just have the option of a drink.

Before we go downtown, we are grilling ribs tonight! We are thinking the food will be marked up for the event, so we'll save some money by eating at home first. Maybe next month we'll eat downtown. We've been grilling like crazy this week, a sure sign of summer. I love grilling out, and I think it's mostly because of the sides. Cook-out sides are the best; corn on the cob, baked beans, pasta salad, I could go on forever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary