frost and chirpping

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Two nights ago we had our first "frost". I'm using this loosely because I didn't have to scrap my car's windows, I just used the windshield washer fluid. I guess our surrounding area has been having a morning frost basically every morning, but since our house is so close to the Mississippi River, we are sort of shielded.

Last weekend while I was sewing I started to hear a fire alarm chirp. It was really faint so I figured it was downstairs. But then we I went downstairs, it sounded like it was upstairs..... So for like 3 days, Mike and I were trying to figure out where it was coming from; neither one of us could figure it out. Finally on Wednesday, I had a thought...what about the BASEMENT! duh. Well, I was right and we got it taken care of. I still can't believe we didn't think of it sooner and that I could actually hear it on the second floor. I guess that's an old house for you.

Today is such a gorgeous day! I went to the fabric store to get some fabric for the lining of my purse! That's right, I'm finally making my purse. The one I've been talking about since before April. Since this has been in the plans for a while, my original fabric for this purse was pretty "spring-ish" so when I was at the store I found a beautiful "autumn-ish" fabric on their sale rack for $3 a yard! My heart skipped a beat I think when I saw it. So the spring fabric could be scrapped all together or I'll just make it later this winter, who knows.
I'm so excited and nervous. I don't want to mess it up. But if I do mess up, it's just on $3 fabric. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary