wabash vs. mississippi

Friday, February 13, 2009

Today was my first day of work! I was only there for about an hour; we just went through the handbook and did all the tax papers. It was nice to see the faces of who I will be working with. At the beginning, they told us we were 35 out of 500 applicants. It really made me feel good about myself. With the economy the way it is, I really am lucky to be able to get a job. Something was wrong with the water pressure in the sprinkler system in the building, so we aren't able to start at the store until Monday. This means I get tomorrow off! I'm so excited to be able to spend the entire Valentine's Day with Mike. Since I was supposed to work, I'm not sure what we're going to do, but at least we will be together.

As I was driving to work today, I got to thinking about how many times I'm going to be taking this drive. It is interstate driving the entire way. I also am going to cross the Mississippi River twice a day. I used to cross the Wabash to get to Borders, but the Mississippi.... I feel like the Mississippi is such a prominent and famous river (as rivers go anyway), and you should maybe cross it, in the car, just like four or five times in your lifetime. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones that will get to do it almost every day. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary