so embarrassed

Monday, July 13, 2009

We went to 'Down by the River' on Friday. It's an event put on my the YMCA that has drinks and a band play on the 2nd Friday of every month during the summer. We heard it was going to be a pretty decent band playing and a lot of people from Mike's work would be there. We always walk to this event for 2 reasons - we can both have drinks and it's only a 10 minute walk.

So we get down there, and it is pretty hot. I was actually sweating a bit from the walk down there. We get a drink, people start showing up and we are having nice conversations. The band starts and they are pretty good.

Then it happens....

I started to get light headed and grabbed on to Mike. I told him I was not feeling good and needed some water; he said "oh, you'll be fine." I say, "No, I think I'm going to faint."

And I did.

The next thing I knew I was on the cement and I hear Mike's boss say, "get her off the ground!" Mike grabs me and we go and fine somewhere to sit down. Someone went and grabbed me a bottle of water. I started to feel better after I had some water in me. Mike said he didn't think I could get any paler, but I looked as white as a ghost. Thankfully, Mike's boss's husband offered to drive us home so I didn't have to walk back.

The thing that is most embarrassing is that basically all young people from town were there and they all probably thought I was fall down drunk.

I think I fainted for a couple of reasons - dehydrated and I was hot. So now Mike's the water Nazi. He is making me drink so much water. It's a little annoying, but I know he just wants me to be better and I would act the same way if our roles were reversed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary