my husband

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On our drive back to Missouri Sunday, we did something we've never done before.....we didn't turn the radio on. For 4.5 hours we talked and it was awesome. Sure we had a few minutes of comfortable silence, but for the most part we talked. Actually, I was driving, so Mike was the one doing most of the talking, which is so not him. He's pretty quiet for the most part; he says what he needs to say and that's it. We talked about anything and everything basically.

Something completely unrelated to what I just wrote: I finally received my birthday present from Mike. Yes, my birthday was at the end of April, but it's the thought that counts. I got it about a week and a half ago, and he really surprised me. He got me a smart shopper! I know some people out there may think this is a boring gift, but it was something I asked for for Christmas, and he remembered!! That's the amazing part of it; he doesn't remember what we ate 2 days ago, but he remembered something I asked for last November. So we've been making a shopping list all week and we finally went to the grocery last night and were able to try out the new list. It worked amazingly; everything categorized and we were able to just go down what aisles we needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary