a friend lost

Monday, June 22, 2009

While Mike was out camping on Saturday, I received a very sad phone call. Mike's friend, Chase Hill past away that afternoon. Mike graduated high school with him, but I think they really became friends when they both got Harleys. Mike rode with Chase and his dad quite often when we lived in Lafayette. Sadly, Chase died in a motorcycle accident. He had a rider on the back of the bike; she's in the hospital in critical condition. Hopefully she makes a speedy recovery.

This really hits home. First, a young life was lost-I think it's really hard when someone your age passes away. Secondly, it was on a Harley- Mike loves to ride; I'm not sure if this accident will make him nervous, but it makes me. I know there are motorcycle accidents everyday, but when it happens to someone you know, it really makes you think.

Mike and I decided we will be coming back to Lafayette for the funeral. I'm glad people at work understand, because we don't know when the funeral will be yet but someone is able to cover all of my shifts. So whenever it is, I know we can go.

Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary