the library

Friday, January 9, 2009

The library was an absolute bust! I felt like I was walking in the the 1980s, and it smelled like it too. I was walking around the library in disbelief of how many books they didn't carry. The librarian was really nice. I asked her if they were hiring, and they aren't. We talked about books for a few minutes and it brought me back to Borders. I'm really starting to miss working at Borders. Don't get me wrong, I hated the work part of it. But I loved the books, and the people I worked with. Being around the books on a regular basis, made me want to read as much as possible. Since we moved, I have yet to finish a book! This is just not like me, I normally read a book every week and a half.

Mike and I have decided that I not work in retail anymore, so we can spend nights and weekends together. Since I still don't have a job (almost 4 months running), I've been thinking I should look into retail. I hated it so much, but we could use the extra cash. On the other side, Mike will only be home on weekends for the next couple of months, and I don't want to be at work when I could be spending that time with him. I'm just hoping something M-F, 9-5 will come soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary