recap.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

thanksgiving.
We had a great trip to Michigan! Loved seeing family I hadn't seen it a very long time. Mike and I stayed a day longer than the rest of my immediate family and got to go to these little towns on the western coast of Michigan and shop with my Aunt and Uncle. We had a great time, and Mike even said he would like to come back when we had more time. That is BIG - Mike hates to travel, so we are definitely moving in the right direction on this one! :)

christmas.
I had to work until 2 on Christmas Eve (UGH!) so we got to drive home in the horrible snow storm that hit the Midwest that night. You know, every year I hope for a white Christmas, but I think all that hoping is done since we now travel for the holiday. :( But we had a great holiday, even if it was short. We got to see both side of our family, and I was able to see Jennifer's baby bump in person and catch up with her.We both wanted to have more time for friends, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I wish my job would allow me to take more time off around the holidays, but it's just not possible. I am afraid that this Christmas was just a preview to all future ones, and I'm not a fan. I would love to be able to just be off for the week between Christmas and New Year's like Mike.... :(

new years.
Mike's friends, Matt and Dustin, came from Indiana. While our friends, Brad and Lindsey, came from Illinois. They all came so the guys could go off roading at a park near us, Flat Nasty, and Lindsey and I got some girl time with some antique store shopping. It was really nice to have a full house! We've never had that many people stay with us. It was also nice to be able to shop them all our new town and house, since it was a first time visit for everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary