mike on his own

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mike was in Rolla for the day for a meeting and he had the afternoon free, so he was able to see our #1 choice. I was pretty jealous that he went without me, but we only have so many 'reimbursable" trips. So we need to make the best of them.

But Mike saw it and finally called me about 3 hours after...I was so anxious! He was told to take pictures, but that didn't happen either. Apparently, since the house has been for sale for over a year, they now have a renter (enter sarcastic "great...") and it is not a good renter from what Mike said. And to top it off the renter wasn't told the showing was going to happen, so the renter was there when Mike walked through. Awkward!!

Mike really liked it though! He said it needs work and that's what want - a fixer upper. He said it was structurally sound, and just got a new roof a couple years ago. That was what I was worried about, major, expensive repairs. I guess the windows are original, but in good condition, so that is something we would probably replace soon. It's a big house with lots of windows, so that's going to be a big chunk o'money. But I just love the character of the house, from what I've seen. It was built in 1935 and has built ins. *sigh* I get to see the house this weekend and I can't wait....don't worry, I'll take pictures!

2 comments:

Kris said...

We just had replacement windows priced. wow. it is an expensive replacement! We decided to just do Leah's room for now, and the back door. (Our house was built in 1936 and has original windows too)
Sounds like a neat place! Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys!

Kristi said...

So glad to know that original windows could at least work for the time being. I was afraid we would have to do it right away.
Oh home-ownership is going to be a learning experience! :)

Post a Comment

Anniversary