dust and such

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I never knew we would acquire soooo much DUST during this remodel. Now don't get me wrong, I knew it was going to be dirty, just not this dusty.

the hallway side of our door closure.
Maybe I'm surprised because I've never really been around drywall. My parents did a remodel of their kitchen and dining room about 13+ years ago, but it was contracted out. Maybe they were just really clean contractors or maybe I just didn't notice. Who knows.

The whole reason dust came to mind this morning is Mike sanded the first coat of mud on the walls. He's going to buy a ceiling sanding this evening and finish taping the corners as well.

you almost can't tell there was a door. I can't wait for paint!
the new closet!
It's hard to get a picture of the new closet for a couple of reasons:
  1. It's a smaller area.
  2. There's no light in there at this point.
  3. You probably wouldn't know what you are looking at.
For those of you that have been here to visit, the new dry wall on the right is where our old closet used to be.

As you can see, we have a window in our new closet. I'm still not sure how I feel about this. We did it for a few reasons:

  1. It was the best place for a new closet.
  2. We weren't going to remove it and make the outside of the house look weird.
  3. We centered the door way with the window so, if we want, we can leave the door open and get some light.
After weighing the pros and cons, we put the window in the closet. But I still think it's weird!!



This picture above is of the hallway side of the door closure. Yes, I know I'm behind on my de-wallpapering. I hate wallpaper. I think the only reason people put wallpaper up is because they know they won't be the ones removing it, they just move. There are a lot of trendy/neat wallpapers out right now that I love, but no! I won't do it. I won't be that person that does that to the future owners of this house.

Anyway, once the bedroom is done, we have to start on the upstairs hallway/downstairs entry. I don't want to look a this for 6 months. There is going to be some time when Mike is working on his projects that are only for him, like our built ins and making our new bed. So I'm sure I'll be doing some work on this hallway while that's underway.

Thanks for looking at my mess of a house right now. Maybe it made you feel a little better about our home. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary